Hi quest ,  welcome  |  sign in  |  registered now  |  need help ?

Bruce Kevner Wise Word Of Trader

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 | 2:32:00 PM

Bruce Kovner, a US billionaire and one superstar trading in Commodities Corporation (now part of Goldman Sachs) to answer questions about the secret of success after nearly 30 years working in the world of trading. In the book 'Market Wizards', Kovner answered various questions from Jack Schwager, trader and author of the best seller. Here are some excerpts:
On the first rule of trading:
"There may be many first rule in trading, but in my opinion, the first rule in trading is not to enter the market in a situation when you feel it suffered heavy losses due to various reasons that you do not understand."

On the possibility of gain millions of dollars:
"Michael Marcus taught me one thing that is remarkable. He assured me that I could profit millions of dollars, not just might be or will be. He said that if I apply all the knowledge I have it right, then it could happen.
It's easy to forget that you actually could do it (gain millions of dollars). He showed me that if you take a position and discipline, then you really can do it. "

On elements of success in trading:
"I am less confident trader can formulate clear why some traders succeed were others do not. For me there are two important elements. First, I can imagine the condition or structure a different world now, and I believe it will happen. I can imagine the price of soybeans will be 2 times the current or USD which fell to 100 yen (at the time USD / JPY is still above 100). Secondly, I was always disciplined with trading plan and always think rationally though in a state of distress.
To be successful in trading, you must be strong, independent, and sometimes contrary to traders in general. I mean, you have to take the position that most traders do not dare take it. But you have to be disciplined with trading size, do not get greedy or too confident, it will make you forget yourself and fall. "
On the significance of prediction or a view of the market conditions:
"I have always been a trading point of view or my predictions regarding the state of the market. I do not enter the market so just based on technical analysis information. I admit that technical analysis is great, but I would not enter the market before knew exactly why markets move like that.
... Many traders who know more than me. My only collects items (knowledge of the people who know better) and draw conclusions. The market usually wins because there are people who know more than you. "
You are trading in stocks and commodities, what's the difference?
"The stock market is very short-lived, I mean the trend could change in a short time. After rising to a certain level, the price will usually fall. Commodity market is driven purely by demand and supply on the commodity products. If the supply of certain medium rare commodity prices really go up, and the market generally will be in the uptrend until quite a long time. "


Source: www.mercenarytrader.com: Wisdom From Kovner

Related Article